Get your Google Apps E-mail (Gmail), Contacts, and Calendars on your mobile device
|This article is up-to-date for the 2016-2017 school year... we think! If we're wrong, please submit a Tech Support Request or just fix it!|
|This article is maintained by Jeff Gomez (talk). Please feel free to edit the content and email me if you have any questions or concerns.|
Google has comprehensive documentation on how to sync your Riverdale applications between your laptop/desktop device and your mobile phone. We recommend these resources
- Google Sync: Sync your mail, contacts, calendar, and more
- Google Apps Help: Mobile for Enterprise Users
Riverdale School Calendars
Please refer to our List of Riverdale School Calendars for instructions on how to access school, room, and resource calendars.
There aren't any Riverdale-specific IMAP settings, so please reference the ones in the help pages below. Just be sure to type your full e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and not just your RCS username. If you have any trouble, submit a Tech Support Request.
Mac and Win OS
Please refer to Google's documentation on how to Use Google Apps on Android
Google Hangouts for Android Troubleshooting
Are you having trouble receiving notifications in Hangouts? Follow the steps below:
1. Access phone settings through the drop down menu (scroll the screen down with your finger)
2. Select "Applications" which should be under the "Device" category.
3. From there find and select "Google Hangouts" and you'll be taken to the application info page. Select disable from there.
4. You'll get a notification with a warning about disabling built in apps. Select disable to continue
5. You'll then be asked to replace the app with the factory version. Select ok.
6. Now enable the app.
7. Open it and either select a preexisting message thread or create a new one using the icon at the bottom of the screen.
8. Select ok when the notification to update the app appears.
9. You'll then be redirected to the google playstore. Select update for "Hangouts" then open once its completed.
The App Store offers a free Gmail app, from Google, which allows you to access your Riverdale Gmail account without any of the complicated configuration required when using the iOS Mail app. It has many of the features of the desktop browser Gmail experience, and is fully compatible with Riverdale Gmail.
- Please refer to Google's documentation on how to use Google Apps on iPhone
- Google calendar sync tool
IMAP settings can be found here.
Sync contacts with your Apple device here.
Sync Calendar with a phone or tablet here.
- Please refer to Google's documentation on how to Use Google Apps on BlackBerry
- Please refer to Google's documentation on how to Use Google Apps on Windows Phone
Other Mobile OSes
- Please refer to Google's documentation on how to Use any smartphone's mobile browser